GEORGE T. PFLEGER
CRI-HELP, Inc. operates Detox, Residential and Outpatient Treatment Services in North Hollywood and East Los Angeles.
Outpatient Chemical Dependency Worker
Candidate must be a Certified Alcoholism Counselor (CAC); Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADC); or
Nationally Certified Addictions Counselor (NCAC) with a minimum of two years direct experience in the field.
If a recovering addict, must be clean from all drugs and alcohol for at least two years and must be willing to
periodically submit to drug use detection testing
DESCRIPTIONS OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Keep a schedule of regular counseling appointments with clients and be available for non-scheduled
counseling or crisis counseling when needed.
* Conduct weekly individual counseling/brief therapy sessions with each client.
* Complete a bio-psycho-social assessments for each client. From the assessment, develop a treatment plan
which includes goals and objectives. Through progress notes and other documentation, show progress or lack of
progress the client is making toward achievement of those goals.
* Develop diagnostic impressions based on DSM IV criteria for Axis I through V as well as develop
individualized treatment plans.
* Attend weekly Case Conferences to discuss clients progress in relation to their treatment plan. Identify
problems or achievements through staff discussion.
* Attend weekly meetings with the treatment team. The focus will be continued training regarding systems,
procedures and policies of Cri-Help.
* Develop and communicate Utilization Review data, and interface with Managed Care organizations and
Employee Assistance Programs.
* Make occasional court appearances or other off-site client related conferences as needed.
* Attend, and actively participate in, monthly in-service training sessions.
* Facilitate groups on various topics relative to recovery.
* Provide each client with an individualized continuing Care Plan.
* Complete all necessary documentation in a timely manner, this will include P.O. reports, progress notes,
discharge summaries, aftercare plans, etc...
* Provide family support and education through conjoint sessions as well as family groups.
* Interface with all staff regarding client treatment issues.
* Participate in fundraising events and other activities as directed by Cri-help.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
* Must be knowledgeable in identifying patterns common to this population.
* The ability to document client activities and/or carry out such written assignments is required. The
ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
* Due to the program philosophy, all clinic staff should have a good understanding of the Narcotics
Anonymous and/or Alcoholics Anonymous programs. (i.e. the 12 Steps)
* The ability to establish a genuine therapeutic relationship with the client. Knowledge and ability to use
counseling techniques to educate, elicit feelings, facilitate self-understanding, and motivate the client.
* Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to engage in public relations activities as
* Ability to act as Case-Manager, coordinating a continuum of treatment and/or services for clients.
Please submit resume to KimL@cri-help.org.
NO phone calls please
AN AGENCY LICENSED AND CERTIFIED BY THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA
Cri-Help, Inc. has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for its Detoxification, Residential and Outpatient Treatment Services.
Please continue to visit our Website for Possible Future Opportunities.