All privilege card applicants must read and agree to the following rules and procedures:
Pfleger Center / Socorro
Privilege Card Holders and Sponsors
On behalf of CRI-Help, Inc and its facilities, we would like to welcome you to the network of support that provides our clients the opportunity for a drug free lifestyle and ongoing recovery.
You involvement will provide our clients with the ability to develop social ties with members of the 12-step program. Through practicing your twelfth step with our clients, we expect there to be a mutual benefit and our clients will realize recovery is, in fact, possible.
Maintaining this program requires that we have rules that will support the process of recovery. Therefore, we need your cooperation and support while our clients are under your supervision. Our program is not Narcotics Anonymous, Alcoholics Anonymous, or any other 12-step program and, we have rules that our clients must follow to stay with us. We expect you to assume the responsibility of supporting our rules while our clients are in your company. If you don’t understand, or agree with our rules, please contact administration for clarification and consideration. If you cannot support these rules, for the benefit of all, please do not submit your application.
We ask that you not advise our clients to leave the program or suggest that they don’t need to be in a program; as many of them may end up in jail as a result of such advice. Please do not enter the dormitories or kitchen unless on a tour with a staff member. If you would like to see a member of the staff, please have the receptionist announce you, as is customary in most places of business.
The following are ways to utilize a privilege card:
A) Daily Step Study:
We encourage your attendance as this is a good opportunity to get to know the clients and staff, as well as sharing your experience, strength and hope with others.
B) Privilege Card Passes:
These are for the primary purpose of attending 12-step meetings with recovering members of the fellowship. We expect the pass to include the attendance of a step-12 meeting from beginning to end. Each pass must be requested by you and must consist of at least 2 clients, of which you may select only one; we will assign the second client. You should call the facility at 818-985-8323 (for the Pfleger Center) or 213-222-1140 (for Socorro) at least 24 hours before you would like to take the clients out.
You may take them out for coffee or to a program-related activity if time permits. Passes can be up to 6 hours with a curfew of 11:00pm. These passes are not for taking clients to movies, sporting events, visiting clients’ friends, family, boyfriends or girlfriends.
C) Saturday (Socorro) / Sunday (Pfleger) Pleasure Passes:
These passes are from 10:00am to 6:00pm on the buddy system. These passes are designed to introduce our clients to ways of enjoying themselves without the use of mind altering chemicals and because of that we prefer that they day be centered around what you do rather that what the client wants to do.
D) Sponsor Passes:
These are to be taken with the client you sponsor and must also include you, and the client, attending a meeting.
E) Visiting the Facility:
You are welcome to come to the facility and visit during the day and early evening except on Saturday during facility clean-up.
Note: B., C., D., above requires that we have proof of your current auto liability coverage. Please be sure to provide us copies of your auto insurance renewals.
The following are expectations of you:
1. If you spend time visiting at the facility, we expect the men’s focus to be on the men and women’s focus to be on the women.
2. When coming to the facility to pick up a client(s) for a pass, you will be required to sign the pass to verify that the pass indicates your plans accurately. The Technician on duty will present the pass to you for signature.
3. When returning with client(s) to the facility, you accompany the client back for the Technician on duty to see that the client returned with the same person with whom he/she left.
4. Supervising those you take off the facility is to the extent that you have the ability to be certain of their activities at all times.
5. You are expected to get the clients to the meetings on time and make sure that everyone stays in the meeting until it ends.
The following are the rules the clients must adhere to while they are out with you. Your cooperation is necessary to ensure the well-being and safety of the clients. After reading these rules, we are sure you will agree that they are for the protection of the clients and the facility as a whole:
1. Clients are not to meet, or make arrangements to meet anyone at a meeting or other locations while on pass. They are not to make
any phone calls.
2. Clients are not to receive any money outside the appropriately approved procedure of receiving money. If you are interested in giving any client money, please check with staff for the appropriate procedure. You may buy them cigarettes or take them to eat, etc.
3. Clients are to remain in the meeting while the meeting is in session and not in the parking lot, lobby, coffee area, etc
Infractions of these rules could result in the client’s discharge from the program.